Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yay, I did it! :D :D

Yesterday I finished my very first lace (Slovenia is well known by Idrija laces and I recently started learning how to make these). I've always liked Idrija laces, but as they are all completely handmade, they can get really expensive, so I though I might as well give it a shot and try to learn how to make them myself. So earlier this year I bought all the things I needed and about a month ago I started learning how to do these. 

For my first project I chose ... Butterfly, what else?! lol This wasn't the easiest one to start with, but it was worth all the efforts. I love how it turned out. 


And today I made another lace - a four leaf clover. I need to make three of these for the gifts. :)


These laces are both completely handmade. These are bobbin laces (click to get to wiki if you want more details), which means you make them with bobbins - obviously. lol You also need a pattern. I'm just a beginner, but I really like making these laces and will definitely make many more. 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great job on learning something new.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely beautiful...you should feel very proud of your work...they are so neat too for your first project.

    Hugs,
    Sandra
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh hun, these are sooooooo beautiful! Hats off to you for learning such a difficult skill, looks like you've cracked it, just love what you've done. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fabulous job you have done on both laces creations they are beautiful well done you!!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. O wow these are fabulous.. I never heard of this lace, it is truly beauitful, well done on this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Čudovito narejeno. Idrijske čipke so čudovite, če jih znaš naredit je pa sploh zakon.

    Bay

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these are beautiful.so delicate and intricate :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing. I love these. Amazing work!! Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwwww these are FANTASTIC Cebelica, oh my word you are one very clever and talented crafter, excellent work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are so pretty!!!! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have given my heart to your butterfly <3
    Its gorgeous ...
    your work is stupendous ...
    Love
    Kalindi
    http://craftingaberrigines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)