Friday, January 29, 2016

Birthday boy

Hey, hey! How are you doing? I hope everything is fine with you. Can you believe January it's nearly over? Goodness, this month just flew by. I'm getting more and more excited about my baby coming to this world soon. Can't wait to hold my little princess in my arms. Just a little bit longer ...

Anyways, I'm here today to share with you a card that I made for my hubby's nephew who celebrated his 2nd birthday in December. I'm always struggling with man/boy cards, but when I saw the Birthday boy stamp from The Greeting Farm I knew immediately what I want to make and I realised that making boy cards isn't THAT scary after all. ;)


For this card I used papers from Authentique and from my stash. As it was a boy's card I didn't want to add flowers or butterflies or other girly embellishments, so I used some die cut stars, buttons, ribbon and paperclips to embellish the card. I also used some chat clouds from Pinkpaislee. In the middle of one of them I stamped a sentiment which is in slovenian and means "sincere congratulations". 


The circle behind the image was embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss dots embossing folder. I coloured the image with Promarkers and Giotto and Faber Castell pencils.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Have a wonderful day! Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Scrapbook stamp society: Anything goes + option add 3 of something (3 stars, 3 buttons)
Tuesday throwdown: Anything goes
Word art Wednesday: Anything goes
Simon says stamp (Wednesday challenge): Anything goes
Penny's paper-crafty challenge blog: Celebrations
Crop Stop: Anything goes (from the store: Authentique papers, Spellbinders dies, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Pink Paislee chat clouds)
Little Miss Muffet: Anything goes
As you like it: Favourite one or multi layered project (multi layers for me, because I love the dimension you can create with all the layers, I also like to combine different papers )

18 comments:

  1. You must be getting so excited Cebelica, as you say not much longer and we are looking forward to your announcement.

    Great card for a lad as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making boy cards, but mine never turn out this fabulous, he is such a sweetie! Oooh hun, we are all watching this space for news ..... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Maja! I love that image, and all of your papers look like gift wrap designs, what a genius idea!! Fabulous bit with the stars and buttons, so much fun! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely colourful boy card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet!! The image is adorable!! I love how you colored him!! The layers and details are fabulous!! What a beautiful card this is!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Cebelica! what an amazing card, so many layers and details...fabulous coloring and design! I am thrilled you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/2klines/

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card!Thanks for joining us at SrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and welcome again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cebelica this is a very beautiful card and gorgeous colouring.

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a adorable card design. Love the details and colors. Cute digi too! Thank you for your participating entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous colourful little boys card just love it
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, love the colors and fun details and that image is darling!! Thank you for joining us at LIttle Miss Muffet Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cebilica,
    The layers and layers of loveliness with that adorable image with the three stars with buttons makes this card so adorable. Thank you so very much for posting your very creative and inspiring art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 218th - FF AG challenge. I pray Blessings for you and your family; stay creative and be happy. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo kako je prisrčna, in res lepo pobarvana. verjamem, da si že čisto na trnih glede dojenčka, upam da bo šlo vse kot po maslu ;) LP

    ReplyDelete
  14. aja pozabila dodati še hvala ker sodeluješ na izzivu As You Like It ;)))) LP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card I LOVE all your layers and the great image too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zelo mi je všeč barvna kombinacija na tej čestitki - zelo živahna.

    LP, Marjeta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)